Friday Finds (lazy-weekend-Sunday edition)

Winter really seems to be slowing us down around the Kiddio house. It's getting dark so early, I think that our metabolism must be slowing down and leaving us a bit worn out (too tired to blog!). So, better late than never, here are a few things that I just loved around blogland last week. I'm hoping things will pick back up here pretty soon and I get back to a more regular posting schedule!



@Crafty Daisies: Simple technique for making a little story book. Could also be adapted to make a book archiving a child's artwork in sweet book form.
@No Time for Flashcards: Making shaped crayons in candy molds.  I love this--so much easier to use than those done in muffin tins!
@Foodie Tots: Toddler sushi nite!  We did this a month or two ago and it was such a big hit--even with Scout and I who are definitely not sushi fans.  (As an aside, we didn't have a sushi rolling mat, but found that squares of parchment paper worked just fine!) (image via foodietots)
@Blissful Kids: Check out MY post on ways to use up that leftover Halloween candy (although for some of us it may be too late!), and Megan's (from Plum Pudding) post on cool, graphic mobiles made with cereal box cutouts. 
@Muses of Megret: Speaking of Halloween candy, I loved Meg's math games to play with candy pumpkins.  I love these more than candy corn.
@Let's Explore: Amy shares a great list of ways to keep kids entertained while traveling.  I'm totally printing this out for our Thanksgiving roadtrip.
@Scribbit: A neat idea for cute, simple little turkey finger puppets.


@Skip to My Lou: I really liked this Thanksgiving tree--what a nice way to honor the meaning of this holiday, not to mention decorative! (image via skip to my lou) 
@Life at 7000 Feet: Also liked this Thanksgiving chain idea!
@Alpha Mom: Marie from Make and Takes shares a fun idea for sweet little Rice Krispie treat turkeys to decorate your Thanksgiving table.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Friday Finds (lazy-weekend-Sunday edition) SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend