Friday Finds

Phew, it's been a long week!  I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend (hopefully with a little nap!), but first I wanted to share the goodies I found this week.  Enjoy!

  • @ Belle and Burger:  Tutorial for some really stinkin' cute fabric and button barrettes.  A great use for the drawerful of mismatched hairclips I can't throw away!  I'm also imagining some with flowers?  (image via belle and burger)
  • @ What Knot:  Took their favorite T-Rex on the road and chronicled his adventures in photos.  Jasper would love to take his mousie out for a field trip! 
  • @ Misadventures of Mama and Jack:  Don't miss this amazing Halloween garland.  It's so fabulous, and you could totally apply the method to other holidays! (image via misadventures of mama and jack)
  • @ Blue Yonder:  Has a fun take on tangrams--I like the idea of doing it this way since it's just not so obvious what the solution is. 
  • @ All Dressed in Blue:  I love these shadow puppets!  This would be so fun with backyard camping. 
  • @ A Bit of This and A Bit of That:  I love homemade games and this one looks like a fun boy-oriented one to try.  Goodness knows we have enough cars!
  • @ Big and Little:  Out of the crafty vein into real parenting, she shares some of her ideas and goals in being a compassionate parent.  I've been grumpy the past couple of days and this really made me think.   
  • @ Everyday Food Storage:  Shares a recipe for instant oatmeal.  I truly believe in a hot breakfast, but the way our mornings go when Daddio's out of town may necessitate some instant-ness in our breakfasts. 
  •  
  • @ Plum Pudding:  Reminds me what fun shaving cream is.  Since it's a rainy day I may have to whip out our spare can of Barbasol.
  • @ Bitter Betty:  This little dolly-house is too adorable to describe.  Just check it out.
  • @ Greeting Arts:  These have been around for awhile, but I'm still meaning to make some of these sticky-notes-books for the kids' teachers.
  • @ Baby Toolkit:  Refashioned a plain grocery store cake into a cool robot cake.  I'd like to try the marshmallow fondant they used, too, since regular fondant looks great but is basically inedible!  
  • @ Kirsten Can:  Shares her whale and snake appliqués (love the ric-rac!) on striped shirts.  Why didn't I think of this?  It really styles it up.
  • @ Salt and Chocolate:  Found another use for the zucchini surplus: butterscotch-zucchini muffins.  Maybe a good snack to send for school?
  • @ No Time for Flashcards:  Love this owl puppet!  It's such a simple craft for wee ones, and turns out so well.
  • @ Problem Solvin' Mom:  Upcycled tissue boxes become monster feet!  Definitely on my Boycraft list.
  • @ Wise Bread:  I've had these cans of Coke in the fridge since Adelaide was born almost a year ago.  Finally, a list of things to do with the stuff rather than drinking it!  Who knew?
  • @ Have Cake Will Travel:  Would it be wrong of me to send these to school for snack?  I can't eat a whole batch by myself.  Okay, maybe I can, but I shouldn't.  (image via have cake will travel)
  • @ Make and Takes:  These also seem extremely dangerous to me--and not because of the hot oil, if you know what I mean.  Don't miss these instant donuts!
Friday Finds SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend