Friday Link Roundup!


Maybe I'm just subscribed to too many creative blogs, but there's just a ton of fun stuff out there this week! Here's what I was into:


  • I've been thinking of making a solar cooker all summer, and Pepper Paints has just the thing!  They made a solar cooker from a Pringles can.  Seems very doable and hot-dog friendly :)




  • Simple Mom wrote up a handy list of cheap-to-free playthings for young children....don't miss the comments, her readers shared bunches more.




  • Marie at Make and Takes whipped up some creative hot dog lunches for her kids.  I love the octopus dog!   More cleverness in the comments!






  • ...and to go with those octodogs, how about some tasty zucchini fries from Tiny Morsels?  Another great way to use up all those garden veggies our neighbors are passing off on us! (Image via tinymorsels)




  • Jean at The Artful Parent painted a gorgeous tree mural in her daughter's room.  So simple and lovely!




  • Flipflops and Applesauce came up with a new way to play tag--with stickers!  What a fun idea for these late-summer afternoons.




  • I've had this bookmarked for ages, but you have to check out World Preschool Mom and her tutorial on stapleless paper chains.  What a nice process to teach a preschooler.    




  • The Rowdy Pea took the summer off, but is back with ideas for mixing colors in 'rainbow jars'.  I thought that her son's idea of 'playing' the jars like a xylophone was especially neat.(Image via therowdypea)




  • I never quite know what to do with oatmeal boxes, they seem so functional that I hate to throw them away.  Chasing Cheerios shows how to transform one into a very cute doll cradle.





  • I posted a number of ways to make tissue paper flowers some time ago, but Zakka Life has another, very simple way that produces a lovely blossom with no stem (very useful!)




  • Somehow I forsee having more time to work on my own crafty projects this fall (in reality it seems unlikely!), so I'm definitely adding Mama's Doodles' tag blanket tutorial to my project list.(Image via mamasdoodles)




  • I've been looking for a way to use up a huge bag of seashells I've been hoarding for unknown, ostensibly crafty reasons, so I was really into The Write Start's shell memory game idea.




  • No Time for Flash Cards made a cool growth chart--love the stripes! 




  • Planet Happy Kids threw a fun fairy garden party!  Her guests made little fairy gardens to take home.  I love this as a party theme for fairy-obsessed girls!




  • How about you?  What did you do, come across on a blog this week, or post on your own blog that you'd like to share? 
    Friday Link Roundup! SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend