May Day!

As a kid I always looked forward to celebrating the first of May with may baskets. My mom and I would make a simple cone by rolling up a sheet of paper, staple on a little handle, then fill it with lilacs (oh how I love lilacs!) or whatever sweet spring blossoms we could round up. She'd take me around to friends' houses where we would leave the baskets (anonymously) looped over their door handle, ring the bell and RUN! I'm hoping not to forget this fun tradition (again) this year and have a little May Day celebration with friends. This year we (oddly) don't have much blooming yet other than tulips which are too special to pick, so we'll probably fill our baskets with flowers from the patterns in the Tissue Paper Flowers book from Klutz.

If you're planning to celebrate this year, hop over to Skip to My Lou and pick up Cindy's lovely pattern for a may basket and tag to cut out and embellish. If you're feeling a bit more motivated and need more ideas, see what she and her kids did last year.
May Day! SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend