Easy, Delicious Chocolate Cake...from a mix?

Most of my baking is done from scratch, but when I want a great chocolate cake in a hurry I pull out this recipe and with a little help from my friend Betty (Crocker) I've got a quick chocolate cake that's got the flavor and texture of scratch-baked. Honestly, it's that good! (image via joythebakery)

Ingredients:
  • 1 - 18 ounce chocolate cake mix*
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 350F, and grease/flour your pan(s).
  • Combine ingredients with a hand mixer on low. Continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes.
  • Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 - 35 minutes (for 9" rounds, you'll have to use your best judgment for other pan sizes). 
  • Cool at least 10 minutes before removing from pans, then let  cool completely before frosting.
*I usually use a Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge/Devils Food/Dark Chocolate mix.  I don't think that the brand makes a big difference, but I definitely like the ones with 'pudding in the mix' the best!
Easy, Delicious Chocolate Cake...from a mix? SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend